NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “#NextStopVegas202 Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to attendees of the IPW Anaheim Convention taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California between June 2, 2019 and June 5, 2019 who are 21 years of age or order. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (“LVCVA”) (the “Sponsor”), Centra Marketing & Communications (the “Administrator”), Exhibitors of the IPW Anaheim Convention and employees of the Anaheim Convention Center and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (“Related Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win a Prize (as defined below in Section 4). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. You will need to have internet access as of the date of entry to participate in this Sweepstakes.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOUR ENTRY MATERIALS, AS DEFINED BELOW, MAY BE INCLUDED IN SPONSOR’S COMMERCIAL MATERIAL, AS WELL AS AT SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter. By submitting an Entry, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives, discharges and releases Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with the Sweepstakes. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram or Twitter.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00:00 am Pacific Daylight Savings Time (“PDT”) on June 2, 2019 and ends at 4:00:00 pm PDT on June 5, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, there will be four (4) Daily Entry Periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”). The Daily Entry Periods will be as follows:
Daily Entry Period #1: Between 8:00 am PDT and 5:30 am PDT on June 2, 2019
Daily Entry Period #2: Between 8:00 am PDT and 6:00 pm PDT on June 3, 2019
Daily Entry Period #3: Between 8:00 am PDT and 6:00 pm PDT on June 4, 2019
Daily Entry Period #4: Between 8:00 am PDT and 4:00 pm PDT on June 5, 2019
Entries received in a previous Daily Entry Period and not selected as winners will be eligible for subsequent Daily Entry Periods throughout the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must: (i) have an active and public Instagram account or sign up for a free Instagram account at www.instagram.com or have an active and public Twitter account or sign up for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com; (ii) take a picture of yourself within or alongside the hot-air balloon located in the Las Vegas Engagement Zone Exhibit (“Image”) during the Promotion Period; and (iii) post the Image and include a comment that includes the hashtag #NextStopVegas2020 (i, ii and iii, individually referred to as “Entry” and collectively as “Entries”). An Entry must include the required hashtag #NextStopVegas2020 in the comment to be eligible. Entry content will not be judged. By submitting an Entry via Instagram.com or Twitter.com, each entrant consents to receive from the Sponsor a reply Instagram message or reply Twitter message, if applicable, an Instagram direct message or a Twitter direct message, or email notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential prize winner. Entrants via Instagram.com and Twitter.com will be required to have a public account in order to accept an eligible Entry hashtag. Entries posted by a protected Instagram account or Twitter account will not be recognized. Each Entrant is limited to one (1) Entry per Daily Entry Period per person/Instagram account or Twitter account. Duplicate Entries or multiple Entries made by an entrant in excess of the number allowed will be disqualified.
Entries may not contain, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; obscene or offensive;
- Feature celebrities, public figures or animated characters;
- Promotes irresponsible or excessive consumption of alcohol; promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, trade names or copyrighted materials owned by others, except those owned by Sponsor for which Sponsor has provided entrant a limited license to use as it relates to the Promotion;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than just first name), email or street addresses;
- Communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Contains competitive products of Sponsor; and/or
- Violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any other person or company.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT: Once an Image is entered into the Sweepstakes, any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the Entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act. EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS, UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY (OTHER THAN THE PRIZE STATED HEREIN IF SELECTED AS A PRIZE WINNER) IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THE NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE RIGHTS OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE OF SUCH IMAGE BY SPONSOR. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Image.
4. DAILY RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS OF WINNING: A total of four (4) daily random drawings will take place (each a “Daily Random Drawing”). Each Daily Random Drawing will be conducted on or about one (1) hour after the corresponding Daily Entry Period has ended. Three (3) potential prize winners will be selected in each Daily Random Drawing for a total of twelve (12) potential prize winners. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received. The Daily Random Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization. Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. The Daily Prize may not be awarded in the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
5. TWELVE (12) DAILY PRIZES: Twelve (12) Winners will each receive two (2) two hundred dollars ($200) Gift Cards redeemable at a Las Vegas Shopping Center designated by Sponsor. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Daily Prize: $400. Total ARV of all Daily Prizes: $4,800. Las Vegas Shopping Center Gift Cards expire on June 3, 2020. Las Vegas Shopping Center Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions thereon. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen or unused Las Vegas Shopping Center Gift Card(s). Each Daily Prize Winner acknowledges that Released Parties (as defined below) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash, or transfer of any prize permitted. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. DAILY PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
6. DAILY PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Potential Daily Prize Winners will be notified via Instagram direct message or Twitter direct message, and will be required to provide the Administrator with a valid email address to receive a Prize Verification Form and Publicity Release. Daily Prize Winners will be required to complete and return to the Administrator a Prize Verification Form and Publicity Release within twelve (12) hours and return to the Las Vegas Booth #423 to pick up their Daily Prize by 4 pm PDT on June 5, 2019. In the event a Daily Prize Winner does not return to the Las Vegas Booth #423 to pick up his/her prize by 4 pm PDT on June 5, 2019, that potential Daily Prize Winner will be required to complete and return to the Administrator the Prize Verification Form and Publicity Release and the Sponsor will ship the Daily Prize via U.S. Mail.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the Daily Prize (or any portion thereof). By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor, and/or Administrator by social media handle, telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. Each Daily Prize Winner, by acceptance of a Daily Prize, grants to Sponsor, and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Daily Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, incorrect, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, misaddressed, undelivered, mutilated or garbled entries, transmissions, e-mail or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of Sponsor are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, and/or their respective agents. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Grand Prize Winners and award the Grand Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSORAND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential Grand Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Nevada law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
10. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in “Binding Arbitration” Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Nevada, in the City of Las Vegas.
11. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of Daily Prize Winners (available after June 14, 2019) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by July 1, 2019 to: #NextStopVegas2020 Sweepstakes, c/o Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC, 1400 Old Country Road #306, Westbury, NY 11590. Canadian and Vermont residents do not need to affix return postage. Please identify on the outer envelope if you are requesting the “Official Rules” or the “Winners List”.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109.