Las Vegas has joined the virtual and/or hybrid format conversation by adapting to the ever-changing landscape with innovations and the energy the destination is known for.
Although many conferences could not be in Las Vegas this year, we found ways to virtually bring the destination’s energy to a number of events, including Vegas-branded videos, photos and additional Only Vegas assets. With these ideas, the destination is sure to be top of mind, no matter where attendees may be.
Resorts and venues across the destination are at the forefront of technological capabilities, advancement and trends – including artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), live hosting, social media interaction, and contactless digital processes. So whether your virtual or hybrid event is a simple live stream of a presenter or an immersive, on-site/online experience with virtual lounges and booths, breakout rooms, interactive polling, online contests and giveaways, Las Vegas is the place that can help do it all.
- IMEX America recently held a virtual experience as PlanetIMEX. Las Vegas supplied video content, and Maverick Helicopters, Allegiant Stadium and AREA15 also participated with virtual experiences. The 2021 show is scheduled to be held in Las Vegas once again Nov. 9–11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
- The SEMA Show is held in Las Vegas annually and SEMA360 is the 100% online version of the 2020 SEMA Show, focusing on manufacturer/attendee/media relationships, new product introductions, project vehicle debuts, industry-leading education, and unparalleled networking opportunities. Although it’s being held virtually this year, Vegas is sure to shine with several fun, accessible initiatives provided for conference programming.
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI) WEC is excited to hold its event at CAESARS FORUM in 2021 – and the destination is excited to have it back; however, this fall, it created a hybrid event – both in-person and digitally – that’s the same innovative experience expected from WEC.
- CES comes to Vegas annually and is almost as synonymous with the destination as conventions themselves. While CES 2021 is going all-digital to allow the entire tech community to safely share ideas and introduce the products that will shape the future, Vegas will play a large part in the virtual conference. The largest tech show plans to return to Las Vegas for CES 2022, combining the best elements of a physical and digital show.
- Professional Conference Management Association (PCMA) will hold Convening Leaders 2021, a hybrid event Jan. 11–15, 2021, offering a combination of streaming broadcast TV (with a live studio audience in some locations) and face-to-face experiences. Las Vegas is thrilled to host its conference again in 2022.
As we look to the future, the team at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) acknowledges the increase in the number of conventions and meetings conducted in a hybrid fashion, but enthusiastically awaits the return to in-person events.
“We’re working with our partners and clients as they plan and hold virtual and hybrid gatherings, and looking forward to making the transition back to primarily in-person meetings when the time is right,” said John Schreiber, vice president of business sales for LVCVA. “While virtual and hybrid meetings and shows are necessary right now, ultimately, we know that nothing can replicate the value of in-person meetings, which are crucial to doing business. However, we’re determined to bring some of the only-in-Vegas excitement our business visitors have come to expect to virtual and hybrid events this year.”
We’ve always provided a world-class business experience and we look forward to welcoming you back for the next generation of meetings and events in Las Vegas.