Las Vegas Convention Center Expansion
The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) West Hall expansion is a vital investment by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) to help solidify our position as the country’s No. 1 trade show destination. The LVCVA will reinvent the LVCC as a state-of-the art facility featuring the latest technology.
The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA, the world’s leading trade association for the cleaning industry. Considered the gold standard for safe facilities, the GBAC program was designed to control the risks associated with infectious agents, including the virus responsible for COVID-19. The LVCC was the first facility in Nevada to receive the accreditation.
West Hall Expansion
- The project is 97% complete.
- The parking lot is being fog-sealed this week.
- Expansion joints continue to be installed.
- Gates are being installed around the perimeter of the site.
- Glass handrails are being installed.
- Carpeting continues to be installed.
- Signage continues to be installed.
- Exterior site work continues (landscaping, irrigation, sidewalks, paving and bollards).
- The large Las Vegas Convention Center lettering placement has been completed on the exterior of the west side.
- TMH continues to follow Southern Nevada Health District and Center for Disease Control guidelines for worker safety regarding COVID19.
The $980 million West Hall Expansion will add 1.4 million square feet including 600,000 square feet of new, leasable exhibit space, a 14,000 square-foot outdoor terrace able to hold receptions with up to 2,000 attendees, and a grand atrium. The expansion is slated for completion in December 2020.
When the expansion opens, the LVCC will feature the largest column-free space in North America (within the 600,000 square-foot West Hall, there is 328,000 square feet of column-free space). The new 600,000 square-foot exhibit hall will feature power and data from floor boxes, overhead and around the perimeter of the hall as well as 4,000+ hang points for rigging light. It will also include 150,000 square feet of meeting room space, equating to 80 additional meeting rooms.
- Carpeting will continue.
- Final touch up items will continue to be completed in the restrooms.
- Big screen panels will be placed in the atrium.
- Project remains on track for December 2020 completion (Temporary Occupancy Permit is scheduled for 12/14/20).
Underground Transportation System
- Station 1 fire hydrant has been relocated.
- Station 1 canopy installation continues.
- Station 2 mezzanine buildout continues.
- Station 2 canopy installation continues.
- Station 2 the station floor topping slab has been poured.
- Station 3 canopy structure is complete.
- Station 3 polymer injections continue.
- Testing and inspections are being completed in all areas.
The $52.5 million underground transportation system will include three passenger stations connecting the existing 3.2 million square-feet of convention space with the convention center’s new expansion of the West Hall, adding an additional 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The system will allow convention attendees to be whisked across the sprawling campus in just over one minute, free of charge, in all-electric Tesla vehicles.
- Station design continues for all three Stations.
- Station 1 canopy will be completed.
- Station 1 headwalls and ramp walls will be painted.
- Station 2 canopy will be completed.
- Station 2 escalator and elevator installation will be completed.
- Station 3 headwalls and ramp walls will be painted.
- TBC continues to follow Southern Nevada Health District and Center for Disease Control guidelines for worker safety regarding COVID19.
News & UpdatesView All
LAS VEGAS — The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA: The Worldwide Cleaning Industry...Read More
LAS VEGAS — Construction workers on behalf of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) commenced the extensive process of pouring 600,000 square feet of concrete...Read More
LAS VEGAS – The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) today announced that excavation is complete in the first of two vehicular tunnels that will comprise TBC - The...Read More
The state-of-the-art Las Vegas Convention Center expansion project offers a distinct area designed to do business and ensure our economic future by continuing to provide the unparalleled experience our guests and clients have come to expect. Las Vegas thrives on evolution, and the LVCC project will give us additional convention center space fit for one of the world's most iconic and vibrant cities.
The expansion project will add 1.4 million square feet to the current convention center facility, including at least 600,000 square feet of new, leasable exhibit space. The expansion will also feature a main entrance and grand lobby off Convention Center Drive, meeting rooms, pre-function space and service and support areas.
The expansion is slated for completion in December 2020.
Las Vegas is a city built for moments that change lives. And now, we’re expanding to a 2.5-million-square-foot convention center – the second largest in the U.S. – to better serve the moments that change business. We’re changing the experience and capabilities we’re able to offer, including an additional 600,000 total square feet of leasable exhibit space and 150,000 square feet of additional meeting space, state of the art technology, and enhanced security features for efficiency and safety. These additions and improvements will help secure Las Vegas’ standing as a top destination for meetings, events and tradeshows.
When complete, the West Hall will have:
- 60K miles of wire
- 56 miles of rebar
- 17K tons of steel in facility. Equivalent to:
- 113 ea. Adult Blue Whales
- 5,666 full grown African Elephants.
- 2 ea. VSN Arliegh Burke Class Destroyers
- 103 ea. B52 Bombers
- 566ea F15 fighter planes