Las Vegas Convention Center Expansion
The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) West Hall expansion is a vital investment by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) to help solidify our position as the country’s No. 1 trade show destination. The LVCVA will reinvent the LVCC as a state-of-the art facility featuring the latest technology.
The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA, the world’s leading trade association for the cleaning industry. Considered the gold standard for safe facilities, the GBAC program was designed to control the risks associated with infectious agents, including the virus responsible for COVID-19. The LVCC was the first facility in Nevada to receive the accreditation.
West Hall Expansion
The $980 million West Hall Expansion added 1.4 million square feet, including 600,000 square feet of new, leasable exhibit space, a 14,000-square-foot outdoor terrace able to hold receptions with up to 2,000 attendees, and a grand atrium.
The Las Vegas Convention Center features the largest column-free space in North America – the West Hall includes 328,000 square feet of column-free space. The new 600,00-square-foot exhibit hall features power and data from floor boxes, overhead and around the perimeter of the hall as well as 4,000+ hang points for rigging light. It also includes 150,000 square feet of meeting room space, equating to 80 additional meeting rooms.
- The project is 99% complete.
- Temporary Occupancy Permit was issued on 12/21/20
- Punch list items continue to be worked on.
- Signage continues to be installed.
- Concrete demo and replacement continues.
- TMH continues to follow Southern Nevada Health District and Center for Disease Control guidelines for worker safety regarding COVID19.
- Our teams have been training on the various West Hall building systems.
- Punch list items will be completed.
- Furniture will be delivered and set up.
- Big screen panels will be placed in the atrium.
- Substantial Completion should be issued sometime in the middle of February.
Underground Transportation System
The $52.5 million underground transportation system will include three passenger stations connecting the existing 3.2 million square-feet of convention space with the convention center’s new expansion of the West Hall, adding an additional 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. The system will allow convention attendees to be whisked across the sprawling campus in just over one minute, free of charge, in all-electric Tesla vehicles.
- Station 1 solar canopy has been completed.
- Station 1 lane striping has been completed.
- Station 2 elevator installation continues.
- Station 2 canopy installation is complete.
- Station 3 lane striping has been completed.
- Testing and inspections continue in all areas.
- Station 1 bollards will be installed.
- Station 2 elevator installation should be completed this week.
- Vehicle testing will take place.
- TBC continues to follow Southern Nevada Health District and Center for Disease Control guidelines for worker safety regarding COVID19.
News & UpdatesView All
LAS VEGAS - Today the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) closed on its transaction to acquire the assets of the Las Vegas Monorail Company, preserving an important...Read More
LAS VEGAS — The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA: The Worldwide Cleaning Industry...Read More
LAS VEGAS — Construction workers on behalf of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) commenced the extensive process of pouring 600,000 square feet of concrete...Read More
The state-of-the-art Las Vegas Convention Center expansion project offers a distinct area designed to do business and ensure our economic future by continuing to provide the unparalleled experience our guests and clients have come to expect. Las Vegas thrives on evolution, and the LVCC project will give us additional convention center space fit for one of the world's most iconic and vibrant cities.
The expansion project will add 1.4 million square feet to the current convention center facility, including at least 600,000 square feet of new, leasable exhibit space. The expansion will also feature a main entrance and grand lobby off Convention Center Drive, meeting rooms, pre-function space and service and support areas.
When complete, the West Hall will have:
- 60K miles of wire
- 56 miles of rebar
- 17K tons of steel in facility. Equivalent to:
- 113 ea. Adult Blue Whales
- 5,666 full grown African Elephants.
- 2 ea. VSN Arliegh Burke Class Destroyers
- 103 ea. B52 Bombers
- 566ea F15 fighter planes