MEDICAL MEETINGS IN LAS VEGAS:
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) recognizes medical and health care meetings as a highly specialized niche market and has dedicated sales and marketing resources to promote the destination among healthcare meeting planners. The LVCVA currently has two staff members who hold the Healthcare Medical Meeting Compliance Certification (HMCC) through Meeting Professionals International (MPI). These HMCC-trained staff assist meeting planners and Las Vegas hotel property sales executives with working collaboratively when navigating the intricacies of meeting compliance. The destination annually hosts some of the largest health care meetings in the United States and is home to one of the leading bio-skills and cadaver lab facilities in the United States training thousands of surgeons and veterinarians from around the world.
Las Vegas Medical Industry:
Much More Than Meets The Eye!
Las Vegas is well-known as a leisure and entertainment destination. What is lesser known is that the city has an equally vibrant and thriving health and wellness community that works alongside its exceptional hospitality industry. Nevada is rapidly becoming a center of advanced health treatment and medical research attracting some of the newest facilities and leading physicians and academic researchers. Las Vegas and its surrounding areas offer a vibrant and thriving health and wellness community that works alongside its exceptional hospitality industry. The destinations’ medical and wellness community offers a variety of services designed for the medical and business executive traveler, as well as the leisure traveler, and their guests. These services include health and wellness care; culturally diverse wellness spa services and treatments; preventative health services; alternative medicine; executive physicals; addiction treatment, dental care and cosmetic dentistry; age management services; infertility treatment; and surgical services, including cardiac, cosmetic, orthopedic, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric and neurosurgical.
The University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Medicine
The University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine
The University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Community Health Sciences
The Viticus Group: Bio-skills and Cadaver Training
MedTech Europe Ethical Code of Business Practices
Healthcare Medical Meeting Certification Program (HMCC)
Open Payment Act in the US
Nevada’s Health and Medical Services Industry Overview
- 124,353 Medical Industry Employees in the State of Nevada
- 90,023 Medical Industry Jobs located in Las Vegas (Clark County)
- 17 Acute Care Hospitals (8 are less than 20 years old)
- 17 Rehabilitation Hospitals and Specialty Centers
- Over 3,500 Patient Beds
- 27 Skilled Nursing Facilities
- 3,150 Skilled Nursing Certified Beds
- 26 Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- 38 Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- 150 Surgical Suites in Acute Care Hospitals
- Technologically Advanced Clinical Simulation Centers
- Multiple State-of-the-Art Surgical Training Centers
- Las Vegas-based Air Ambulance Fleet
- United Health Care is headquartered in Las Vegas
- National hospital companies operating in Las Vegas include: HCA Healthcare, Dignity Health, Universal Health System, Kindred, and the first Veterans Affairs Medical Center to be built in the US since the end of the Gulf War.
(Source: The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development)
CHERYL SMITH, MA, CMP, HMCC
DIRECTOR OF AIR SERVICE DEVELOPMENT, MICE AND SPECIALTY MARKET SALES
Whether your group is large or small, requires function space or only sleeping rooms, we’re here to help make your event a success!
Meet our team of experts. Find the right person to talk to based on your location, and let us guide through the planning process from start to finish.